As photography business owners it’s our obligation to protect ourselves with liability insurance. And at the same time, from data loss.
That’s why I recommend having a simple backup workflow.
Below is my current workflow, and one you’re welcome to model yours after.
- Lightroom catalog on an external RAID
- Clone of external RAID in the same room
- Clone of external RAID offsite
- Additional clone of external RAID offsite
- Backblaze of entire computer and external RAID
- Amazon Photos backup of external RAID
- Google Photos backup of external RAID
With all of this redundancy, I am guaranteed to recover lost data from the main drive if something happens.
Please do the same and protect yourself, and your business.